Agecroft Association Mission Statement
mission is to serve as:
- A source for enjoyment, education and cultural
activity for the general public.
- A unique educational center for the specializing
in the studies for British Renaissance 1485-1660.
Emphasis is placed upon:
- Developing and maintaining Agecroft Hall, its
collections, grounds and gardens in a manner which highlights Agecroft Hall’s
- Interpreting the architecture, art, furnishings,
gardens and social history of an English gentry manor house during the period
- Identifying those aspects of Agecroft Hall, its
grounds and gardens that are not authentic to the Hall’s original place and
time, yet are part of Agecroft’s more recent history as a dwelling (i.e.,
twentieth century library, Virginia landscaping, etc.);
- Engaging in community and civic activities and
supporting tourism in Metropolitan Richmond; and
- Offering varied educational programs, including
seminars, classes, lectures and tours.